After working almost 20 years as professional department, project and management assistant and logistics customer support in the warehousing and distribution branche, I made a career move to an Information Management department as information management administrator in the center of the Netherlands in January 2016. This opportunity provides me a change to build bridges between IT and “the business”. Since then, I have been specializing in authorization and information management.
I think there is really a gap between what IT offers and users want. My specialisms?
1) To translate complex IT-documents from technical professionals into readable documents for non-technical users so people can make a choice based on real information and to create very simple but complete and practical user manuals for applications.
2) To improve daily operational processes by working and thinking Lean.
My goal is continuous improvement on personal and professional level. My sources of inspiration contain (but are not limited to):
- My husband, who supports me whatever I do
- My personal friends
- My pets, who continuously teach me to remain calm
- Mr. Cesar Millan (better known as The Dog Whisperer), whose shows I have visited two times and who showed me the power of calm and assertive energy
- the late Mr. Stephen Covey
- Ms. Ilona van Houtum, who helped me find my way in education and has now her own website (please click her name to go there)
- and very likely a lot of other people whom I forgot at this moment, for which I apologize